Friday, September 6, 2013

We have survived to the first two weeks for Kindergarten!!!
 
Emma got better from her throat infection just in time for "meet the teacher" night at her school, we went and the teacher greeted us at the door, the room was ready with the kids' names and we did a scavenger hunt to help the kids know their classroom and then Mrs. Paramo took a pic of ea family by the boar, I thought it was so nice, Emma paid much more attention to the play kitchen then to her teacher, but she was happy, so happy she didn't want to leave!
 
Kindergarten started the following Monday, minimal day for two weeks, 9am-12:15pm, the first day of school we were allowed inside the classroom, we were a little late because it was raining and we didn't anticipated the morning chaos, again, teacher took a pic of us with Emma, the kids were busy coloring a wrangler, the school mascot, Emma was happy and ready to start, we hanged out for a while and then took of, I almost shocked up on my way out but I made it... the following days I made excuses to get there early to take a peek while Emma was playing, it feels so weird to be without her! Emma had her assessment on Thursday and she did AMAZING? her teacher gave us a score of 73 for her and she said she was the top of her class and will be put on high level for reading, we are so proud of her.
 
This week I volunteered on Thursday, Emma was excited to have me there and kept coming to me for hugs, we had lunch together and she loved it.

Mornings have run smoothly and I think the flap chart we made has helped tremendously, she's up by herself and we don't have to tell her what to do, she knows from that chart, also lunch packing has been fun and she is eating mostly everything and keeping everything inside her lunch pail.

Next week is regular schedule 8am-2pm, we'll see if we get a little more free time, up to today I've felt busier then ever and almost like I live at her school ha ha, probably more because of me then anything else. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment